One-day expeditions from Fairbanks to Kaktovik by small plane during the fall whaling season when polar bears wander off the arctic ice and congregate in one area making an expedition/viewing possible.
Viewing polar bears in the wild is one of the most unique experiences in the world. Take a walk on the wild side and see polar bears in their natural habitat. Safely view and photograph polar bears in a rare and special wildlife encounter. Visit the Inupiat Eskimo village of Kaktovik, located along the coast of the Arctic Ocean on Barter Island. Kaktovik is the only village within the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
2016 Dates are SOLD OUT! August 25, 2016 – September 25, 2016, daily departures
DEPARTURE TIME: 7:00 AM – check in 6:00 AM
RETURN: approximately 7:00 – 8:30 PM
|2016 Prices TOURS SOLD OUT|
|Polar Bear One Day Tour||USD 1599.00 p. p.||NAT45|
• Round-trip air transportation from Fairbanks (2.5hrs each way)
• Orientation and safety briefing
• Buffet lunch at Marsh Creek Inn
• Boat ride and viewing of polar bear (3-4hrs)
• Name of each guest
• Individual body weight of each guest (pounds, stones, kilos)
• Contact address, phone number, and e-mail address.